Konjac is a potato-like plant that is grown in Asia. It is 97% composed of water, rich in minerals and is naturally alkaline, which promotes skin balance. It has been used for cosmetic purposes for centuries. The plant Amorphophallus konjac contains water, proteins, hydrocarbons, fats, sodium, potassium, magnesium, iron, phosphorus, copper, zinc, vitamin A, vitamin E, vitamin D, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B5, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, Vitamin C, niacin, fatty acids, folic acid and fibre – it is therefore no surprise that this plant has become such a popular super food, but also a skin care product for all skin types.
100% natural vegetable fibre, vegan product, not tested on animals, does not pollute the environment, non-toxic. Super soft and easy to use – after soaking in water it softens in a few seconds.
- 100% natural, gentle way of cleansing the skin, removes make-up residues.
- Super soft and easy to use – takes just seconds to plump up & soften when you soak it in water
- Gentler on skin whilst still exfoliating, for silky smooth, radiant skin
- Suitable for all skin types, including delicate, acne -prone, sensitive or dry skin
- A high -quality sponge with uniform pore density, rich in vitamins and minerals so you’ll use less cleanser or even none at all
- The cotton drawstring allows you to hang the sponge on your shower or bathtub tap to dry and keep at hand for the next time you need it
- Biodegradable and compostable material with no unnecessary packaging
- Available in various options: natural, aloe vera, sakura, lavender, green tea, rose, turmeric, blueberries.
How to use:
- If it’s your first time using a konjac sponge, soak it in warm water until it fully expands. If it’s not the first time, then wet it well with running warm water.
- Remove excess water by lightly wringing it out. (Don’t twist or squeeze too hard because this can damage the sponge.)
- Use the sponge to cleanse your face with or without cleanser by massaging the skin in circular motions.
- After using the sponge on your face and/or body, rinse it thoroughly.
- Put the sponge somewhere well-ventilated (definitely not in the shower) to dry.
In addition to your face, you can use a konjac sponge all over your body. It’s also great for exfoliating the elbow area and tops of your arms, for example.
If you care for it properly, konjac sponges can last about four to six weeks. Since it’s made from natural plant fibre, it makes sense that this sponge’s life is shorter than a synthetic facial tool.
As with any sponge, you need to keep it clean to avoid bacteria buildup and prevent mold formation. Do this by letting it soak in very hot water for around 3 minutes (not boiling water since this can damage or deform the shape
Choosing a suitable sponge:
You can always choose the colour you enjoy the most. But if you want a sponge tailored more to your needs and skincare goals, then this list can help guide you:
- Dark grey or almost black sponges contain charcoal, which is a great ingredient for detoxification and skin prone to breakouts.
- White sponges are suitable for all skin types and definitely ideal for sensitive skin.
- Green sponges with either green clay and/or green added are a good choice for oily or combination skin types.
- Pink or reddish sponges have pink kaolin clay are recommended for normal, dry and/or mature skin.
Sponge diameter: approx. 7.5 cm